SABAH DROP PAULUS

Source : New SabahTimes

 

paulus

 

SAYONARA … Paulus (left) finds his stint with Sabah a short one.
 

KOTA KINABALU: Paulus Shitaleni Shipanga’s stay in Sabah has been cut short.

The Sabah FA Executive Secretary Harry Baking confirmed that they have parted ways with the Namibian striker.

“Both parties have agreed to part ways through a mutual agreement,” Harry said.

Paulus’ departure came as no surprise as he was benched after making a mere three appearances for the team.

He was left out in the cold after failing to make an impact in his first three games.

With Sabah’s unconvincing start to the season, the FA knows their side needs fresh faces to boost their chances in the Premier League.

And they have brought in a Nigerian defensive midfielder – Prince Eboagwa Etuwe – to beef up their side. Prince made his debut in the one-all home draw with Kelantan last week.

But the arrival of a Polish utility player – Arkadiusz Gerzy Zarlzynski – was the final straw for Paulus.

Arkadiusz, who is also known as Eric, has been signed as a replacement (for Paulus).

With the signing of Eric, Sabah have completed their foreign quota as they also have the services of the Premier League’s leading scorer – Nigerian Charles Obi – who has netted five goals in five games.

Sabah have had a slow start to their campaign where they notched a two-all draw against Selangor PKNS in the opener at home before succumbing to their first defeat after losing 1-0 to Kuala Lumpur in an away battle. Then they suffered a shock 1-0 home defeat to Armed Forces.

And the Armed Forces’ game proved to be the last one for Paulus.

“Although his stint with us was a short one, he is a good and disciplined player.

“It was unfortunate that he just could not fit into the team. We could have given him more time to settle down, but we are concerned by the performances of the team and we feel it is the right time to make some minor changes.

“And we would like to thank Paulus for his hard work and commitment to the team and wish him well for the future,” said Harry.

For the record, Sabah are currently eighth in the 11-team standings on five points, five behind league leaders Police.

The M-League is currently taking a 17-day break and would resume on Feb 6 with the first round of the FA Cup where Sabah will play host to Super League outfit Melaka.

Unlike in previous years where the FA Cup was being played as a home and away knockout competition, this time around, it will be decided by one single match. The winners will proceed to the next round.

After the FA Cup clash, Sabah would kick off their Malaysia Cup challenge by taking on Perak on Feb 10, also at home.

In the Malaysia Cup competition, Sabah have been drawn in Group C alongside Perak, Sarawak, Kedah, Pahang and Police.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *