Borneo Sports and Adventure Holidays is delighted to announce that Liverpool FC legend Robbie Fowler and his new team, the North Queensland Fury from Australia are coming to Kota Kinabalu to play against a Sabah Selection team.
There will be a Corporate Dinner at Pacific Sutera Grand Ballroom on the 26th May and the match will take place at the Likas Stadium on the 27th May. I would also like to sincerely thank both the Sabah Sports Ministry and Sabah Football Association for endorsing this event.
All fans of the English Premier League will be aware of Robbie Fowler’s legendary status with the world-famous Liverpool Football Club where he played over 250 games and scored 128 goals. Fowler also won 26 England caps, scoring 7 goals.
In order to make the game more attractive and competitive for the local fans, we have also decided to strengthen the local Sabah state team with the following players:
- Indra Putra Mahyuddin – Kelantan and Malaysian National Team
- Mohd Nor Farhan – Kelantan & Malaysian National Team
- Robbie Gaspar – Australian Foreigner and ex-Rhinos star
- T. A. Musafry – Indonesian National Team Striker
This is a fantastic opportunity for local football fans to see a truly world-class striker play live in KK, in what promises to be a fantastic night of quality football.
Furthermore, special half time entertainment will be provided for the fans with a unique penalty shoot out between former Rhinos coach and current Kelantan coach Peter Butler and former Rhinos foreigner Scott Ollerenshaw.
In order to make the game affordable and accessible for football fans throughout the state, tickets for this game will be sold at:
- Outer ground – RM10
- Grandstand Area – RM20
There will be no tickets sold at the stadium on match day. All tickets will be pre-sold at the following establishments starting Monday the 4th of May:
- All Coffee Bean outlets
- Penampang Futsal
- KK Futsal Arena
- Most schools within KK at the front desk
PLEASE NOTE -5% OF THE GATE AND RM100 FROM EVERY CORPORATE TABLE SOLD WILL BE DONATED TO CHARITY.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: NORTH QUEENSLAND FURY
North Queensland Fury is a professional Australian team based in Townsville in Queensland. They will be making their debut in the Australian A-League for the 2009 season. Apart from Robbie Fowler, their other high profile staffs include:
- Ian Ferguson played other 300 games for Scottish giants Glasgow Rangers where he won an amazing 10 Scottish League titles. Ferguson is the coach of North Queensland Fury who will also be speaking at the Corporate Dinner.
- Felipe is a quality foreign player from Brazil
- Ufuk Talay is a former Australian Olympic player who is returning from a stint in Japan
- Jacob Timbano is a former Young Socceroo.
For more information, please call Miss Ferdah on 249 002 or 016 8250 976.